With the spread of the Covid-19, people around the world are rushing back home as governments are restricting travel to limit the spread of the virus, however, former New Zealand coach and Royal Challengers Banglore’s director of cricket Mike Hesson is still in India for ‘further meetings’.
Mike Hesson took to Twitter to share the view from his hotel room on the day when India is observing ‘Janat curfew’ on the request of prime minister Narendra Modi.
Hesson shared the video of an empty Bandra-Worli Sea Link, and said the Indian citizens are taking the curfew seriously. Former New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum commented on Hesson’s tweet and asked him why was he still in the country.
Hesson replied to McCullum, saying, “further meetings taking place this week.”
Earlier, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), which was scheduled to start from March 29, was suspended till April 15 due to the coronavirus outbreak. BCCI president Sourav Ganguly said the board will be reviewing the situation every week and will be deciding the fate of the IPL based on that.
News agency ANI reported earlier this week that the fate of the IPL will now be decided on March 24 via video-conferencing between the BCCI and the franchisees.
“BCCI and IPL franchise to have a conference call on coming Tuesday to discuss the process and further way of IPL 2020. BCCI office has closed so no meeting can be held there similarly no meeting can be held in the hotel so they have opted conference call,” a BCCI source told ANI.