According to the tentative schedule for India’s upcoming tour of Australia 2020-21, released by Cricket Australia (CA), the 4-match Test series starts on December 3 and will be followed by a 3-match ODI series, concluding on January 17. Indian team, with most cricketers now in the UAE for the ongoing IPL 2020, is supposed to fly to Sydney next month and quarantine for 14 days there.
BCCI President Sourav Ganguly has revealed that Team India will follow the quarantine protocols in Australia and is also in discussion with CA on making the bio bubble stronger for the visitors. Ganguly has also suggested about the tour going ahead despite the fact that CA are yet to release a finalised schedule for the Test series and LOIs.
“So far it is ahead. The initial part will be in Sydney. We are still in discussions on how to get the bio part and medical parts stronger because it’s a long tour but I am told Australia is COVID free at the moment, there aren’t many cases. Basically, we are trying to get everything in place and make sure it is safe. That’s all,” Ganguly told the Sydney Morning Herald.
Further on, Ganguly also suggested that Cricket Australia would try to accommodate the families of cricketers while on tour Down Under.
“We have requested that [families of cricketers to be accommodated on tour] because they have been in the IPL for a long time and then they go straight from the IPL to Australia because there is a 14-day quarantine. It will be solved. They [players] have already been living in a bubble for the last 80 days,” he added.
“I don’t see a reason why the families won’t be allowed to come. The Australian cricket board is trying to accommodate the families. It should be okay.”