The Auditor General’s Department on Tuesday presented the must awaited forensic audit report of Sri Lanka Cricket Board (SLC) to the acting secretary of Sports Ministry Mrs. Abyerathna.
However, Cricket Age understands that only the final draft has been submitted to the Sports Ministry, not the final audit report.
“Yes, we have submitted final draft of forensic audit report to the Sports Ministry. We have asked to provide a feedback within a week from the Sports Ministry before we hand over the final report” an insider of Auditor General’s Department told Cricket Age.
Accordingly, Sports Minister Harin Fernando on Thursday also gave 7 days to SLC to reply to the auditor general on 6 issues.
It is noteworthy that on January 28, Harin Fernando had instructed to his secretary and then SLC Competent Authority Chulananda Perera to carry on a forensic audit from 1st January 2016 to 31st December 2018 and submit the final report.
Cricket Age has the access of majority of forensic audit draft’s more than 1200 pages and it will surely be going to drop few bombshell at Sri Lanka cricket.
The draft of the report consists:
1. 5.5 Million transfer attempt to a Hongkong account
2. 187,000 USD transfer to a New Mexico City account
3. Two cheques of total amount of 25 million to Buddhist Mahanayaka Kandy Temple for a cricket university
4. Sri Lanka’s ‘suspended’ head Hathurusingha agreement
5. TV rights 2018 for Nidahas trophy
6. Misused of funds in various projects